Re: Rover head port/valve size list?

To: (Rover V8 list) <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Rover head port/valve size list?
From: Kevin Burtch <kevin_burtch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:41:36 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks... I have both of his books, but unfortunately they are
about 4K miles away.

I remembered that the post-SD1 heads had bigger valves, but
never understood what the TR8 is considered... from a US
perspective, it's pre SD1, but from a European perspective,
it's post... since that's where they were made, I would assume
that the TR8 got the bigger valve heads.

Also, the posts I've seen referring to big-valve heads were
referring to engines newer than both of the Hardcastle books...
either the 4.2 or the 4.4 (maybe the 4.0 - which is just a
3.9 with cross-bolted mains from what I understand - same bore
and stroke).

Thanks,
Kevin