Re: high performance head gaskets for Buick/Rover V-8

To: "'buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net'" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: high performance head gaskets for Buick/Rover V-8
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:09:19 -0700
Thanks for everyone's help.  After dealing with multitudes of slack-jawed
parts counter clones on the phone this morning, I called Dan at D&D
Fabrications.  He gave me a part number for the Fel-Pro Perma-Torque head
gaskets.  For future reference (so you don't have to repeat my dealings with
multitudes of slack-jawed parts counter clones) the numbers are 7984PT for
the Buick/Rover engine and 7995PT for the Oldsmobile engine. I ordered them
(from Pep Boys, no less!) using the part number and they should arrive
tomorrow.

Lorne, I read the article on the head defect on your Mog Plus8 page, and I
don't think that is causing the problem.  My leak is at the lower rear
corner of the LH cylinder head, in line with bolts 11-14.  If these were
causing a leak by "tilting" the head, I would expect it to be along the
upper edge, rather than the lower.  I will consider reducing the torque on
bolts 11-14 as you recommend when I reassemble.  Great page, by the way.

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Paul Kile
1974 MGB-GT V-8  GD2D-1 889G, Teal Blue