high performance head gaskets for Buick/Rover V-8

To: "'buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net'" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: high performance head gaskets for Buick/Rover V-8
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:39:33 -0700
Hi guys,
I am in a bit of a bind and am looking for a supplier for high performance
composition type cylinder head gaskets for a Buick 215/Rover 3500 V-8.
After rebuilding my Factory MGB-GT V-8 engine, I have found that I have a
significant coolant leak at the rear of the LH cylinder head, at the gasket
joint.  Both the heads and the block have been skimmed and are flat.  I
figured that I would try the composition gaskets, as opposed to the OEM tin
ones, but I can't find a supplier locally (Sacramento, CA area) that carries
them.  Fel-Pro, Victor, and McCord all seem to only list the OEM style ones,
at least in the books the local parts guys have.  Any ideas?

Luckily I discovered the problem with the engine running on a test stand,
rather than in the car!

Thanks in advance,
Paul Kile