Re: 4.0 Engine- parts interchangeability

To: William L Leacock <roverbilly@juno.com>
Subject: Re: 4.0 Engine- parts interchangeability
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:30:35 -0400
William L Leacock wrote:

>  I have a 1973 Range Rover and an early eighties SD1 fuel injected  motor
> (non metric threads!)
>
>  Bill

Thx Bill. Early eighties was a transition period from SD1 to Vitesse
block and UK fuel injection. Won't effect things tho...

Your answer is ..everything will fit and function well. From memory,
your two issues will be drilling bolt holes to transfer and attach the
sump baffle plate and a spacer to reposition the crankshaft pulley.

The cheapest source for camshaft and follower would be Rpi in the UK or
you could speak to Brian Crower at Crower in California. Be sure you
choose your camshaft wisely and if you get new valve springs make sure
you get singles if you have singles and duals if you have duals unless
you are into fiddling. Upgraded singles or duals can be had should you
need them..

Lorne