Re: Cv Joints

To: <elan66@ccia.com>
Subject: Re: Cv Joints
From: "Andres Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 20:38:38 +0800
Mike

I have not compared the U-jointed system with CVs, but think the CVs should
be lighter, if only because of the heftier intermediate tube needed for the
splines.  I had a Porsche 911 a long time ago, and the CV system on it
didn't seem as heavy as the TTR hooke-jointed assembly.  The TTR system does
not use ball-bearing splines but instead relies on a modern friction
reducer.  Much better and lighter, says Tony Thompson.

They have to be serviced frequently, but do have grease nipples.

Regards,

Andres
45 Elan S4