Re: Digest lotus-cars.v002.n748

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net, lotus-cars-errors@lists.best.com,
Subject: Re: Digest lotus-cars.v002.n748
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 17:20:31 -0800
OK, I'll jump into this phrase and pass on the random synaptic firing
that your message generated:

In the last of Dave Bean Engineering's newsletter (at least, the last I
received, it's a sometime thing), Dave reported on his visit to the
Lotus factory. One of the things he mentioned is that Lotus have hired
some "marketing consultants" who are sucking Lotus into the belief that
the Elise will only sell in the US if it is loaded up with A/C, CD,
etc. etc. He tried to dissuade them, to no avail.

How did this happen? What can we do about it? How can we get the
message to the automotive manufacturers that there is a market for a
light, nimble car with an emphasis on performance, not creature
comforts and posing?