Re: BRG

To: "DWhitesdJr" <DWhitesdJr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: BRG
From: "Andres Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:38:47 +0800
Many thanks to Rod Bean and the several who responded to my query on the
correct BRG for a 23.  But is Valspar Battleship Green a medium green?

Willie Green's (!) Track Tests (a great book incidentally) features a Lotus
25 restored by Cedric Selzer, who I understand was a mechanic with Team
Lotus when Jim Clark was racing.  This 25 is a medium, somewhat olive green,
so perhaps Selzer might have remembered the shade.  This is close to the
green in the early Lotus badges.  The replacement badges tend to be a
lighter shade.

Just looking for an excuse to change the Christmas green on my Lotus (a Mack
Truck Flite Green).

On battleship grey, I recall a story that Chapman got a deal on (probably
expired) Navy surplus grey, which explained the grey interiors of the Elites
(and possibly the grey chassis tubing on the spaceframes).

With good wishes to all for the holiday season.

Andres
Manila