Re: Wheels again

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wheels again
From: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:30:21 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 CalSpeed@aol.com wrote:

> Would a 14x7 inch wheel fit under the rear fender?  I am talking about the
> Panasports.  I understand that the acceptable backspacing is around 4 inches.
>  Give or take  v e r y  little.  Or am I wrong?

Hi Michael - chiming in with what I know... and what I don't :-)  I think
the roadster wants between a neutral offset and an 11mm negative offset.
That works out to 3.5" to 4" backspacing on a 7" wheel.  This is just
hearsay, though, so please verify with others.  Still got stock rims on my
69.

> Anyone know what the backspacing is on the Panasports?  14x6... 14x7?  I have
> a pair of the 14x6's mounted on the rear.  I could remove the wheel to check
> if no one has the info.  I plan to move the 6 inch to the front and put some
> 7's in the rear.  Btw... no fender flairing for me.

One of the nicest things about the Panasports is that they are available
in the exact right size for our cars.  Chuck Kurtz, gokspeed@aol.com can
hook you up with the appropriate units.  I got a set for my Z (15x7) and
couldn't have been happier with the price and service and performance of
the wheels.

HTH
kyle
'69 2000 - stock wheels