Re: Wheels again

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wheels again
From: "Les/Dennis @CDM" <lescan@nctimes.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:28:29 -0800
CalSpeed@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I apologize for being redundant.  I had all of the information stored in my
> folders but somehow, now that I want to refer to them they are not there.  So
> I ask the list once more...
>
> Would a 14x7 inch wheel fit under the rear fender?  I am talking about the
> Panasports.  I understand that the acceptable backspacing is around 4 inches.
>  Give or take  v e r y  little.  Or am I wrong?
>
> Anyone know what the backspacing is on the Panasports?  14x6... 14x7?  I have
> a pair of the 14x6's mounted on the rear.  I could remove the wheel to check
> if no one has the info.  I plan to move the 6 inch to the front and put some
> 7's in the rear.  Btw... no fender flairing for me.
>
> I made alittle $$$ on Corel the last week and I want to buy myself a nice
> gift.  ;>)
>
> Take care,
>
> Michael "Calspeed" Carion
> 67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
> San Francisco, Ca

Mike,

A 14X7 fits fine under the rear fender.....as long as you don't want to
put a TIRE on it
:-).

It all depends on the offset of the wheel. I am in the process of
mounting some Hayashi 14X7 on my Roadster, but then I don't have a rear
fender problem (well, I do, but you know what I mean. A hacksaw fixed
that)

As far as the offset on Panasports, it just depends on the
applications.  They come in many offsets. We always use 15mm or 11mm
Pansport wheels on all the cars we do (like Eric's).

Dennis

--
Les Cannaday
Dennis Currington