Re: Brake Fade

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake Fade
From: Ron Hamilton <ej99176@goodnet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:21:51 -0700
Here is a scenerio you might think about.
The master cylinder is not fully releasing the pressure due to a improperly
adjusted pushrod length (and you thought the shims were just cosmetic) and this
in turn is causing the pistons to continually add pressure to the pads until the
heat both glazes the pads and vaporizes the brake fluid in the cylinder giving
you a soft pedal. when all cools off and the fluid re-liquifies, all is well
again.

Ron