Brake Fade

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Fade
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:59:44 EST
Hello,

With the Master Cylinder in place and new pads in the front the brakes were
very nice.  I took my car out for a little drive this morning and after a few
hard stops the brakes started to fade terribly.  Almost to the point of when
I almost lost them at the track.  I also noticed that they seem to smell very
quickly without alot of hard use.  Actually, just with normal city driving.

Now that the car has been sitting outside for about an hour the brakes are
hard again.  What could be the problem?  How would I know if my rotors are
getting thin?  Would that be the problem?

The car stops nice and straight but the brakes get smelly pretty quick.
Certainly not track worthy.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca