R.I.P Fairlady

Subject: R.I.P Fairlady
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:15:20 +1100
Vale. Datsun Fairlady 1500, 4-SP310-00163. (Alan's spare parts car)
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of #163. She
bought much happiness to all those who knew her, unfortunately she lost
her battle with cancer (rust) and POWACI syndrome (previous owner was a
complete idiot) and passed away last weekend. A ceremony was held that
day and was attended by those who knew and loved her (Alan, Sarah and
Alan's father), sadly the ceremony was marred by a rather vocal
protestor (Alan's mother saying "thank god you are finally getting rid
of that rusted piece of junk from my front yard"). Later that day I was
agreed that her remains should be placed in two seperate locations
(Alan's spare parts shelf and the rubbish dump). The happy note is that
by donating her organs she has allow another Fairlady to live (#134, the
next restoration project). Her family (Fairlady 1600, Silvia, Cedric and
Bluebird) have asked that rather than send flowers, simply spare a
thought for those Fairladys that are no longer with us, and for the
dedicated Roadster nuts that spend all their spare time trying to bring
them back to life.
Good-bye little Fairlady, you will be missed. (except by my mother)
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html