Re: High velocity

To: Mike Kerr <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Subject: Re: High velocity
From: Ron Hamilton <ej99176@goodnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:32:24 -0700
Mike;

Is this the U-20 turbo of yours that had the cobbled up single SU carb with a
welded together float bowl because it kept running out of gas? I have trouble
comparing the single overhead can two valve per cylinder, mile long cam chain,
old distributor technology that gets 350? horsepower with the FJ-20 that starts
out with 4 valves per,computerized ignition, fuel injected, dual overhead cams,
designed for charging to 25 lbs,175 horse stock motor that with custom equal
length exhaust header and new Mitsubishi 16G turbo with 9.5 lbs boost and the
numbers only come to approximately 305 horsepower. My math must be wrong! Must
be the fact that the FJ tachs to 8500 rpm +or is it the 3 inch throttle body
that isn't as good as the old welded up carb?
:-)

Ron