Re: weber carbs

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weber carbs
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:05:59 -0800
Yeah,
        the Hitachi carbs on a 2L are pretty direct (licenced, even) copies of
Skinner Union H6's, and the 1600 got H4's.  They're almost part-for-part
compatible, with the exception of screw pitch.  However, owning both
types, I can vouch for the superior quality of the Hitachi parts!  The
metal's better, the machining is tighter, and they stay properly
adjusted a LOT longer!  But it also means that you can get a 'rebuild'
gasket kit from any Brit parts house, a float or a needle valve in an
emergency...
        That's true of the brakes (early Jag E-type and Jensen Interceptor)
too...
Toby "My roadster's mostly Nissan- HONEST!"