Car is now lowered!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Car is now lowered!
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 07:16:57 -0800 (PST)
As some of you know, I have been creating an SCCA
E-Mod car out of my 68. Well, I finally have the
suspension done.

Here's what's been done: Nismo front springs (Thanks,
Mike P) and new upper A-Arm bushings and Bolts
(Thanks, Dennis and Les) with 3 deg Negative Camber. I
milled down the rotors and moved the calipers to put
13" wheels and have installed ARP 3" studs. From the
front Valance to the ground is 7". The milling of the
rotor trick came from Mike Kerr in CA. The front
shocks are KYB Gas. The rear has new urethane bushings
(Thanks, Dean) and the springs had the 3rd leaf
flipped over and I have KYB GR-2's for more give. New
ARP Studs and rear seals and bearings to help the
welded 3.90 rear end. Had to massage the Fender area
in the rear but no modification for the front needed.

The gas tank is an amazing 4 1/2 inches from the
ground. I cannot believe how it handled yesterday when
I drove around the subdivision. I cannot wait to take
it to Shasta and Thunderhill next year. Well thanks
for letting me talk. My wife doesn't want to hear
about it anymore.

BTW, I am removing the window frame this week and if
anyone needs a straight frame and windshield (minor
scratches) to repair a roll over or something let me
know. Remember it is from a 68 an will be cut off
flush with the cowling (so it looks like a "U").

Also had a 70 2000 dropped of at the house yesterday.
Will look to see what the serial number is tonight.

Have a good holiday season!

Don Miller
68 V-6 Turbo
70 2000