re: Solex tuning/carbs in general-COLORTUNE!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Solex tuning/carbs in general-COLORTUNE!
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:34:49 EST
This tip for everyone, Solex or not... get yourself a Gunson ColorTune !!!
It's the little glass sparkplug thingie. Boy, what a time-saver!!! You won't
know what you ever did w/out one. Any local British car house should be able
to get them, and +- $40 is about right on price. (For those in the
Seattle/Tacoma area I recommend Brooklands British- talk to Matt or
www.brooklandsbritish.com)

Also, the Triumph guys have a decent carb tech section, yes, it's SU based,
but a lot applies to ANY multiple carb set-up. I'ts worth the read. (Or
re-read for those of us who have been there).
www.vtr.org/maintain/carbs.html

re Unisyn: If you have any hearing left at all you can always substitute a
chunk of large dia. heater hose and listen to the pitch difference of the air
sucking in the carbs. If you play with it, it becomes really obvious.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ