RE: Gotta have a sense of humor...

To: "'VulForge@aol.com'" <VulForge@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Gotta have a sense of humor...
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:20:16 -0800
They are different (and expensive) because they are unique to 67.5 1600s and
67 2000. I just had the pleasure (yeah right) to purchase a pair of soft top
latches for my 67 2000. This was the first year they offered visors and in
order to ensure they didn't interfere with the raising and lowering of the
visor, they designed the latch to cantilever from the side rather than the
"glorified tool box hasps" which latch over and then pull back from the
hook. In the 68-70 models, they redesigned the visor and hasps to work a
little better as far as using the visors. You can use the early latches if
you don't mind the visors not raising up all the way, or you can just remove
the visors if you don't care about them.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex