New Exhaust system vroom vroom Vroooooooom!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Exhaust system vroom vroom Vroooooooom!!
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:50:22 -0800
Hello All,
        Just wanted to tell everybody about my new exhaust system. After
quite a long search on xmass eve eve. I found a muffler guy who was willing to
try to stuff a 2 inch exhaust into my car.  We decided on using a short length
of flex hose starting at the header.  He was able to do it and there is
actually
more clearance through the frame than I thought. There was no rattling even
when I had my carbs majorly out of whack.
        For the local poeple who might be thinking about doing the same
thing I would reccomend him highly.  He has been doing muffler work for like 30
years His name is Don and his shop is SOM on 10th his number is 415-621-1654
It took him a while ~4hrs (probably quicker next time around cause he has
already worked out the bugs on my car) so you have to plan ahead. I had my own
muffler
and he charged me $268 bucks.... I don't know if that was a good price or not
but
the Midas I went to quoted me $200 bucks and I did not get a good feelign from
them.
Don took the time to discuss the options with me and what he thought was
possible or
not.  I tried to egage the Midas mufler guy in conversation twice and he
brushed me
off.  The only person there that woudl talk to me was the service writer and I
want
my info coming from the horses mouth so-to-speak.
        But now with the Super Trapp muffler with six discs it has a mellow
burble
idle and sounds great when you step on it.  I think that stepping down the
number of
disks from 12 also lowered the rpm of my torque peak a good thing for around
town
street driving.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA