Re: Time of year -SMOG check

To: jfried@anv.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Time of year -SMOG check
From: SRL311KA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 20:23:46 EST
The cam is probably the main source of high emissions at idle. If you have
time I would go back to the stock cam. Also, find out how high your idle
speed can be. Out here I think they allow 1100 rpm. Set it as high as they
will allow. Write down where your idle mixture screws are and them set them
at lean best idle. That's just what it sounds like. Turn each screw clockwise
until idle starts to go down. After you do that, reset idle speed with idle
speed screw until you get the speed they will allow. Check timing, and set it
to the stock setting minus no more than 2 degrees. Changing fuel will not
help if you're running higher than stock compression. If your idle speed goes
down after setting timing, raise it back up with idle speed screw to highest
setting they will allow.
  Good luck!

Bill Kenyon
SRL311 KA