Got yer ears on good buddy?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Got yer ears on good buddy?
From: GOAVP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 19:45:45 EST
Santa brought me a Motorola Talkabout "family band" radio this Christmas, and
from the chatter I hear on it he did so for half the people in our
neighborhood.  Those of us old enough to remember Burt Renolds and his Trans
Am with the screaming chicken on the hood, will recall that in those days CB
radios were used to help fellow motorists keep track of the police, thus
avoiding speeding tickets.  I was thinking these new family band radios would
be perfect for filling the role of the modern day CB.

Has any one heard of them being used in this maner?  Since there are 14
channels, is there any standard chanel for sharing this kind of information?