RE: Powder coating

To: "'Keith0alan@aol.com'" <Keith0alan@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Powder coating
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:46:23 -0500
According to a reference book I read at the library, the Navy when
powder coating items which can be removed from the ship sandblast the
item to get a "tooth" and then zinc plate them and then powder coat
them.

I had 2 different places powder coat items for me for the Roadster and
in almost every case the powder coating lifted after sometimes short and
sometimes long periods of time - cause was that there was moisture on
the item prior to coating. I followed the Navy directions and never had
a problem since.

Moral of the story - the items to be powder coated must be dry and no
humidity present and it is better to zinc them first.

Mike