Re: Brake bleeding lesson (LOOONG)

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>, <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding lesson (LOOONG)
From: "jerry gallagher" <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:22:14 -0800
Just finished doing the brakes on my Alfa -- these are a little harder to do
than the roadster's and the bleeding can be ah, ah --- challenging.  I
really didn't want to bother the wife with the "pump-it twice and hold it
down" routine.  My other attempts at bleeding the brakes by myself always
results in having to ask for assistance even with products supposedly
designed for one person brake bleeding.

I purchased a vacuum pump with a brake bleeder attachment -- result the most
difficult bleeding task performed in the least amount of time.  The bonus
was not having to ask the wife for assistance.

Jerry