Re: Towing a 2000 ain't easy on the Volvo up I-95

To: datsun_dave@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing a 2000 ain't easy on the Volvo up I-95
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:24:07 EST
In a message dated 03/11/2000 2:40:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
datsun_dave@yahoo.com writes:

<< Oh, more Datsun 2000 content. I removed driveshaft on
 the 2000 to tow it, but no tranny oil came gushing
 out. Is this ok? On some cars, removing the driveshaft
 lets out all of the tranny fluid. Oh, Datsun 2000 came
 through with no problems. Everything is fine, and she
 now sits under cover in my brother's 6 car garage. >>

Dave,

2000's have a different kind of seal than 1600's.  If you take the driveshaft
off a 1600 you need to plug it up some way or you will get all the trans
fluid leaking out.  I towed mine across the country last year and
disconnected the driveshaft at the differential and wired it up to hold it.
Towed it behind a Cougar with 4.6L engine with no problems to either car.
Sounds like your Volvo needs a little r & r after that!

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me