Buick 215?

To: <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Subject: Buick 215?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:16:04 -0500
<Maybe on old Buick aluminum block 215 would work, if you could find one.>

  Don't forget to look for that same block in Rover 3500's. Morgan Plus 8's
and any V8 Land Rover.  Available in displacements from 3.0 liters to 4.9
liters.  These are common swaps in MGBs, probably because the factory did
actually produce a V8 MGB GT.  Although finding a Triumph Stag in the US
isn't easy, if Triumph had chosen the Rover V8 that was suggested instead of
building their own V8, there might have been more made!  Today the
Buick/Rover V8 is a common swap in Stags in Europe.  I know I'm forgetting
at least half a dozen other cars this block came in.  Still plenty around
and some sped equipment if you look hard enough.
  Stock at either 140 or 200 HP back in the days of Buick and Olds.

Paul
OROC