RE: 1967.5 Roadster Extreme

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1967.5 Roadster Extreme
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:30:25 -0800
I agree. Everyone wants lots of horsepower, but the whole idea is to have
MANAGEABLE performance. I have owned my Solex for about two months now and I
can tell you that 150 HP is PLENTY for me. I know the guys who put V6s and
turbo the cars will disagree, but these cars also need to handle well and be
responsive. These cars are LIGHT when compared to other cars.

I got into it with a Z3 today. Although the Z3 is pretty quick, I held my
own against it.  I can whip any Miata I have yet to see. Yes, a 350 powered
car will beat me on the top end, but I'll kill it in the turns. I remember
Michael Carion posting that he was only a couple seconds slower than a Viper
on one of his track runs. Now a Viper would eat us alive in a straight
quarter mile, but taking turns and banking and breaking is what makes them
fun to drive. In that aspect we hold our own.

I think if I want a dragster, I'll put a 350 into a chassis that can handle
it.

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex (Plenty Fast)
SoCalROC http://www.netcom.com/~andr/socalroc.htm