Re: Towing

To: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Subject: Re: Towing
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:02:31 PST8PDT
Andrew writes:
> I am thinking a tow dolly will be sufficient...
> Anyone have experience with tow dollys and roadsters?
> Good? Bad? Thoughts?

I prefer all wheels off the ground, but yes, yanking a full-blown
transport behind you isn't all that much fun.

Prior discussions hint that if you don't want to drop the driveshaft,
you can probably tow without damage if you stop every hundred miles,
unload the car, and drive it around for a few minutes (splashes the
lube around in the tranny). Of course, be sure to put the car back in
neutral before hitting the road again! (Don't snicker, it happens).

You can unbolt the 2000 driveshaft without spilling the tranny
fluid, but the 1600 leaks all over if you don't use a plug.

-- John