Re: Bike speedometers in the roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bike speedometers in the roadster
From: "Graham Evans" <evansg@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:56:44 -0400
To get it calibrated you might be able to take advantage of the tripset on
the unit.  Set the circumference to an approximate value then take the car
out on a measured course (around here we have sections of highway with a
stretch that has signs indicating the actual distance traveled from point to
point).  Drive for a measured mile then compared the distance reading on
your tripset.  Adjust your circumference setting up or down based on whether
your tripset reading was higher or lower than the correct distance traveled.
Repeat the process until you get as accurate as possible.

Let's say you set the circumference to 50 inches to start out.  Assume at
the end of the mile your tripset reads .9 mile instead of the correct 1
mile.  This means your reading is low so change your circumference to 55.5
inches (50/.9 not 50*1.1).

Graham
68 1600