Re: Bike speedometers in the roadster

To: <VulForge@aol.com>, <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Bike speedometers in the roadster
From: "James Moore" <jmoore66@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:56:38 -0400
The PO of my car did something like this. The speedo stopped working because
the plastic gear in the transmission stripped and he had destroyed the head
of the bolt that holds it in.

His solution was to install a Sparkomatic "trip computer". It came with a
bicycle-type speedometer trigger and a flow meter for the fuel. He installed
the trigger on the driveshaft and the flow meter in the fuel line. He used
that to pass the local state inspection. Of course it was screwed to the
center console with sheet metal screws and just pulled the padding apart. I
don't know how well it worked, as the car hadn't been started in 10 years
when I bought it and I just disassembled it to do a frame-off.

Jim Moore
69 RHD 2000 Fairlady
Highland Mills NY