Re: opinions being solicited, mirrors

To: Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com
Subject: Re: opinions being solicited, mirrors
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:07:57 -0800
All,

Fergus' question about mirrors brings up some questions of my own. I also
have some ridiculous mirror on my driver door that is about 5 inces wide and
REALLY ugly. I think the PO put it on because of the need to clear the
window wing so you can actually use it.

I have seen both door-mounted and fender-mounted mirrors. I am partial to
going with fender-mounted mirrors when I restore. I think it looks better. I
will have to get used to looking through the windshield when I am checking
mirrors, but I can live with that.

As far as correctness, I believe there aren't many "correct" mirrors left.
If I remember, Fergus is right when he says that the later high windhshield
cars had different shapes to their mirrors with the square one on the
passenger side.

For myself, I like the standard looking oval mirrors with the "swept back"
look to them.

Opiions?

Andrew Murphy

P.S. The meet is on Sunday the 17th, not Saturday! 11:00 am!