Re: <<LONG>> National Datsun Meet

To: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>, <CalSpeed@aol.com>
Subject: Re: <<LONG>> National Datsun Meet
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@home.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:29:44 -0700
Greetings fellow roadster maniacs!
        I agree wholeheartedly with Andrew on this!   I am willing to do
whatever it takes to get this off the drawing boards and into reality.    I
know this would cost a bunch of time, money and effort, but it could be
worth it to us all in the long run...  please imagine, if you will, what
Nissan might do if 1000 roadsters gathered together at a National  Meet?
The sky could be the limit to this!   And if not, well...  we will have one
heck of a great time!      However, this is gonna take more than the efforts
of 1 or 2 people.. we need a lot of dedicated folks who can get some
healthy, productive ideas out here and see where we can go with them.    I'd
really like to see anyone and everyone who could make it... for those of you
who couldn't come, send pictures?

So, send those thoughts, dreams, aspirations of a National Meet!  If we
don't try, it will never happen...

Eric
WyCROC

> OK Folks, weighing in...
>
> Politics and money.
>
> Those seem to be (in my opinion) the two main obstacles here. Politics in
> the sense of "who do we invite"? All Datsuns? Just sports cars? Trucks?
> Money in the sense that whomever decides to take this on is risking losing
> lot of money. Michael was right, tack rental, insurance, liability, paying
> people to judge, make awards and clean up our trash is not cheap. We are
not
> talking about a ROC run here.
>
> I still think that Colorado Springs is a good location. I also think it is
> good idea to invite any car made by Nissan/Datsun. It is obvious that we
> would need to get Nissan involved to sponser or this won't happen. Again,
if
> we can convince Nissan that there is revenue to be generated from this
> venture then they will buy in. But there are no guarantees and I think
that
> will be a problem.
>
> So I am probably biting off more than I can chew here, but I think that
the
> only way to make anything happen is for someone to at least attempt to
make
> the first steps. Since I don't hear the thundering of feet by people
rushing
> to volunteer, I will do it. Nissan Motors America is headquarted in
Southern
> California. They also will of course be showing at the Los Angeles Auto
Show