Forwarded: purchasing a roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: purchasing a roadster
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 01:24:39 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Perminder & Karm Gill" <pkgill@home.com>
     Subject: purchasing a roadster
     Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 19:54:23 -0700

well after years of waiting i'm finally ready to buy.  what is the consensus
amongst everybody as to what to buy ie year etc ....
body work is not a concern as i am able to handcraft any part on car if not
available my sole concern is ease of repair/maintenance
on the mechanical side given that i'm somewhat challenged in these areas
i'm not really sure if i want to go full restoration or custom but i think
i'll let the car decide its final fate based upon condition
my experience as a professional bodyman was basically concours class resto's
on 60's american cars  and a whole lot of vintage mercedes  in recent years
i've been doing work on late model imports primarily hondas
but as i'm not in the trade so to speak any more i want a car as a project
to grow my 6 yr old son and 11yr old daughter on
 so your advice and insight would be invaluable
thanks to all

p.s. i'm in Vancouver BC Canada   and do frequent the sacremento area
occasionally so if any body has a car that i should look at please let me know