Fwd: What Insurance coverage?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: What Insurance coverage?
From: Ldino21@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:24:08 EDT
From: Ldino21@aol.com
Full-name: Ldino21
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:25:00 EDT
Subject: Re: What Insurance coverage?
To: tomuo@pacbell.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Tom

We have had this talk before, but I'll repeat it. I am an agent with Allstate
Insurance Company and a fellow roadster owner. I can basically only speak
about the Big 4 insurance companies (Allstate, State Farm, Farmers, and AAA)
If you have your insurance with one of these companies, and you have a claim.

They're first conversation is going to revolve around low bluebook, that is
what the are initially going to offer you. This puts the onus on you, you
will need to prove to them the value of your vehicle. I tell all my customers
who have a car they have put a great deal of time and money into, to go get
an APPRAISAL. This is your security blanket. This is an impartial third party
estimate of what your car is worth, no bias on the insurance companies part
and no bias on your part. Otherwise, you are going to need to provide
pictures and receipts of any work or extras you have added to the car (which
they will also probably depreciate).

I am probably just like you, I don't drive my car a lot but I do love to
drive the hills and long stretches of roads, for the pure enjoyment. I keep
my car on my regular insurance policy. I have heard good and bad about the
classic insurance policies, some have said they are great, while some said
they were really nitpicky, its your choice.

But I still say get an appraisal, around here they run about $50-60 bucks,
probably half the price of one piece of trim molding if you tried to replace
it.

Lou Smaldino
Fresno, CA
69-2000