Re: Weird electrical short burned throttle cable

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>, RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Subject: Re: Weird electrical short burned throttle cable
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 15:24:52 -0400
>In the original post it was mentioned that the engine was becoming
>unresponsive.
>This could also be caused by a higher voltage on the engine block when
>compared to that of the battery.  This would make the points put a voltage
>higher than ground to the coil, keepint the magnetic field from being as
>large as it should be, hence, producing less spark than normal.

Naw, it was because the one remaining ground wire broke.  I found the
driver's side ground wire unconnected to anything, and the passenger side
showed signs of recent breakage. Then all the current had to go through the
throttle and choke cables, frying the throttle cable so bad that it no
longer would actuate the throttle linkage.  THAT's why the engine became
unresponsive!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your help.