Re: Re[2]: Greetings - Introduction

To: "Jeffrey Wilson" <jeffalso88@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Greetings - Introduction
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:40:33 -0500
>Yeah, we've talked about the Shasta run. If all works out, we'd like to go,
>but not sure yet if we'll drive the roadster up or not :) Guess it depends
>on how hot it is that weekend and if we want to sweat all the way driving up
>and back! ;)

Ah, come on. We've done it twice, over 2,000 miles one way from D/FW. Of
course I do have to admit it was in an Odyssey van. Don't think I'd do it
(that far) again in either a 510 or a roadster. In Jan '73 I did drive
our '71 510 from
San Antonio to Travis AFB, via SoCal with a requisite stop at BRE in El
Segundo, on my to Hickam. I was a LOT younger and much more resilient
then, too. I still can't believe it took six week to get the car to the
Islands from SF.

I seem to remember coming south on Sunday from Shasta in '99 that it was
around 115 degrees going through Redding. Ouch!! Even so, for you folks
in the Bay Area, it's a short trip.

Go for it. You won't regret it.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)