Re: Exhaust Manifold Question

To: Ryan Roswell Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Question
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:34:12 -0500
Looks like the group wisdom is pretty much if it ain't broke, don't
fix it!  Sounds good to me.  Just make sure the brace is in place.
Some folks have had the stock sheetmetal manifold rebuilt and rewelded
when it cracked, but I think that is excessive unless you are going for
bone stock.  When you have a few bucks extra at the end of the month
just set them aside and then when you have enough to buy a header or
starter, buy it and set it aside.  You can put the short starter in
without replacing the header, so if the starter goes out you will then
have a spare on hand.  I always found it easier on the pocket book to
buy parts ahead of time and stockpile them for future use, that way you
don't have to decide whether to eat for the rest of the week, or get
the car running!  Besides, these parts prices are inching up all the
time, and you can always sell them or trade them if you need something
else more.

Peace,
Pat

--

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner