Engine question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine question
From: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:29:42 EDT
We finally got our new baby home.  Ended up taking the path of least
resistance and called a tow company with a flatbed truck.  The cost was
pretty reasonable, about $20 more than if we'd rented an auto transport from
U-Haul.  Considering the ride was 23 miles, I think it was a bargain, and I
didn't have to worry if it was properly tied down.

Now that the Roadster is safely tucked away, I've got a question.  I know
that it doesn't have the original 1500 engine; we believe it's a 1600.  The
valve cover says Datsun and the head is stamped Nissan. The serial number on
the head starts with an R.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Charlotte & Leonard