Exhaust Manifold Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust Manifold Question
From: Ryan Roswell Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 18:20:00 -0700
I am about to start putting my car back together and have a question before I
do, I know this has been discussed in much detail in the past, but thought I
would bring it up one more time.

I have the stock exhaust manifold for my early 67 1600.  It is in good
condition.  Regardless of the condition, the common advice is swap it for a
header/flex connector/smaller starter.  What I have gathered is that the
manifold will crack/break/become bad and there is nothing you can do about it,
just replace it with a header.  The other problem I've heard about, which I am
most concerned about, is the connection to the exhaust pipe.  I don't want it
to leak.  So, all that being said, is there a way to:

Properly seal the Exhaust Manifold (Preferably with some time of a flex
connector involved) and still be able to easily pull the engine?

I guess my motivation is almost purely financial, it takes about $300 to put in
the header, new starter, flex connector, and I have a good manifold.

Should I just buy the header, or is there another acceptable alternative?