Re: Engine question

To: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine question
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:54:18 -0700 (PDT)
That's an R-16 all right.  Post the complete engine #
and the listers can tell you whether it is a 3-main or
5 main bearing 1600, and whether it originally came
with an aluminum or cast iron head. (you may have
either on there now however)  cast iron heads were on
the really early engines (like mine) before #R-10606,
and 3-main bearings before R-40000.  My engine is
early 66 and # R-01753

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC