RE: Engine question

To: "'LCinPhxAZ@aol.com'" <LCinPhxAZ@aol.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine question
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:52:32 -0700
>Charlotte and/or Leonard Wrote - We finally got our new baby home.

Congratulations!

>Now that the Roadster is safely tucked away, I've got a question.  I know
that it doesn't have the original 1500 engine; we believe it's a 1600.  The
valve cover says Datsun and the head is stamped Nissan. The serial number on

the head starts with an R.

Yup, it's an R-16 motor. Is the head Aluiminum or Iron? As you clean the
engine, You'll find the Engine Serial Number. This will be important
information as perform repairs and maintenance. The build date of the engine
will determine if you'll use metric or SAE hardware, and a few parts are not
interchangable between the variants.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup