Re: Carb Syncronizers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Syncronizers
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hi - thought that I'd sound in on this one

First - Unisyn tools - want one cheap? Go to your local speed shop
that carries Edelbrock - and order it through them.  Don't believe
me? - go to http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html and click
on 'performance tools' in the menu on the left.  I asked around, and
found one up here in Canada for $32.40 - that should probably work
out to less than $20 for you US guys.

Now, what I'm planning to do is balance the carbs like the motorcycle
guys.  The solex intake has 4 ports that a mercury mannometer can be
attached to, and the motorcycle balancers have 4 chambers.
Basically, the manifold produces suction which raises a column of
mercury in the instrument.  The only problem is that the ports are
tapped 1/8 BSPT, so finding fittings is rather difficult.  However, I
found them at http://mdmetric.com/3550/3501.htm - click on 'brass
adapters' - part number:(Sorry you'll have to wait - site's down)

However, I'm still waiting on the adapters, so as soon as I get them -
 I'll let you guys know.  Sorry - this probably doesn't apply to
those running SU carbs - but I thought the Mikuni folks would like to
know.

FWIW,

Dave
67 2000