Re: 67 Roadster 1600 Oil Filter and...

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>, "Roadsters"
Subject: Re: 67 Roadster 1600 Oil Filter and...
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:13:39 -0700
I had let my car(non Roadster) sit idle for 2 years.  I tried to start it
with the gas that was remaining in the tank.  As you suspected it would not
start.  I jacked the front end up to push all the gas in the tank forward to
the fuel linefitting on the gas tank.  Then I removed the fuel line at the
fuel pump, before it goes into the pump.  Then I took my compressor and
wrapped a rag around the air hose stuck it in the Gas tank filler tube and
as best as I could with the rag made a sealed connection to the filler tube
and blew all the fuel out of the gas tank into a portable Gas Can.  Simple.
I do not recommend it.  But it worked for me.  Pat