67 Roadster 1600 Oil Filter and...

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67 Roadster 1600 Oil Filter and...
From: "Bob Wright" <bobw@1questsolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:54:56 -0600
I picked up my dream car.  After buying a 66 1600 (Need's a LOT of work),
stumbling into a 1968 (good car, but high windshield), I finally have a 1967
1600 that the owner pretty well finished the exterior and engine on.
Problem is, he parked it about 5 years ago.
Rather than risk anything, I towed it home (he said he was pretty sure it
would start).  I have pulled the battery to check/charge but want to change
the oil and drain the old gasoline before I give it a go.

What oil filter (if any) can I pick up locally that will fit (it doesn't
have a cartridge type, but a screw-on), and what's the best way to get the
old gas out?

Thanks for all the help, lurking on the list has kept my motivation up.  And
the 68 is on eBay now, but I'd love someone on the list to have it instead.

Bob Wright
1966 1600
1967 1600
1968 1600/2000
(Trying to whittle down to just the 67, and the U20 motor).