Re: 67 Roadster 1600 Oil Filter and...

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 67 Roadster 1600 Oil Filter and...
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:46:05 -0700
Bob,

Congrats on your find! Best way to get the old gas out, is to do it
outside. That stuff is extremely volatile, so don't try to extract it while
inside a garage.

Support the tank from underneath, uncouple the gas lines and the filler tube
connections in the trunk. Remove the support straps, and remove the entire tank
from the car. Then pour the contents into other containers for safe disposal.
Where that is in your area, I don't know; probably a county hazardous materials
recycler. I only had a couple gallons of 15-yearold gas to deal with, and ended
up mixing it 50-50 with new gas in my old lawn mower; ran crappy but worked.

Take the empty gas tank to a radiator shop for a cleaning. Might as well take
the radiator in for a re-core at the same time.

Oil filters, from recent posts from Tom Phelan and others:

 Fram - PH3639 or PH2825  PH2850
 AC - PF34
 Puralator - FCO-42 or PER42 or L30119 Motorcraft - FL-13 or FL-181
 Lee - LF-42HP
 Deutsch - D601 (available at Autozone) Nissan - 15208-13210 or 15208-65002
 Toyota - 15601-33021
 Bosch - 72 or 133
 Napa - 1512
 Pennzoil PZ 8