Electrical Woes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Woes
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:10:17 -0700
Hey Folks,

Decided to drive the 64 1500 into work today as it is a warm and sunny day
here in SoCal. Everything was fine until I decided to take the car to go get
lunch. As I tried to start the car I heard a sharp click and then nothing. I
mean nothing. The IGN and OIL pressure lights would come on but turn off as
I turned the key to try and start the car.

There are no headlights or tail lights or brake lights, but the radio and
map light work. I am thinking fuse or relay or some kind or possibly a
short.

I was able to push start the car by myself (I am so glad these cars are so
light!) and drove it home to pick up my joe car. I will probably work on the
problem this weekend.

I will check the fuses first. I hope it is that easy and that it wasn't
caused by a short. Is there a relay I should check for? How do I
troubleshoot a short to positive ground if that is the issue?

Anyhow, just looking for ideas.

Andrew Murphy
64 1500
67 2000 Solex