Re[2]: Watkins Glen info try #2

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Dana Scribner"
Subject: Re[2]: Watkins Glen info try #2
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:16:57 -0700
I agree, the people spoke. A lot of work invested on a car doesn't
guarantee that others like the results of the work! (The PO of my house put
a lot of work into it but I remodeled every single room. I especially
didn't like the newsprint wallpaper in the bathrooms and full wall murals
in the family room.)

I'm curious as to what awards work for everyone. Should it only be "Best
1500", "Best 1600", "Best 2000"? Or additionally 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd
place for each model? Is there agreement that it should be further
categorized as Stock, Custom, and Modified? Do we need more categories,
such as Race or Extreme? I noticed that at Shasta this year they mentioned
runners-up behind the 3rd place winners (so shouldn't that be 4th and 5th
place awards?).

The scoring sheet can get crowded with the additions of "Best paint", "Best
interior", "Best engine" etc. Just curious as to what other shows have
done, and what ideas are out there.

Fred - So.SF