Re: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames

To: Jsk977@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames
From: SRL311guy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:03:22 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/01 7:09:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Jsk977@aol.com
writes:

> ...contrary to some old postings, I don't remember Bob Sharp ever having a
> factory lightweight. To the best of my recollection his roadsters started
> life as street cars(some salt damaged) with the exception of one "factory
> prepared race car".

To support that...in doing research for my *Sharp Salty* Bob told me that the
only high screen racecars they ever made or ran were the 5 salt damaged cars,
and he doubted the existence of the lightweights--since neither he nor Brock
were ever offered one :-)  The 2nd owner, Bill Kattmann said that before the
car's 3rd appearance at the runoffs they did some lightening
though...including among other things, removing many pounds of undercoating.

Craig Carter
1970 SRL311-14100 "DAT2000"
1968 SRL311-04627 racecar