RE: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames

To: "Richard_Tillinger" <Richard_Tillinger@dresser-rand.com>,
Subject: RE: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames
From: fairlady <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:24:55 +1000
Hi Dick and Rob.
Glad to see you on the list Dick.

I can confirm that there were RHD lightweights in 1967. One came to Australia
and was raced by the factory race team. The chassis still exists and is in
Melbourne, owned by the guy who was the mechanic for the race team (it has a
standard 67.5 body on it. What is reputed to be the "original" body for this
car is 1,000 miles away in Tamworth. The car had a few heavy hits so all of
the lightweight panels are gone.

This car was identical to the Japanese FIA spec racers. I don't think they
were had as much weight taken out as the 68s.

If I could ony get Nissan Japan to 'fess up on what their Motorsport division
really got up to in the 60s.

Regards,
Phill Brook