Re: Az reg process

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Az reg process
From: "Edgar Gonzalez" <spl212@home.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 20:36:25 -0700
Boring subject continued...

I've heard of a way to register cars in California that do not have a title.
I believe it involves a process which begins by placing a lien on the car
for storage fees.  The tow yards do it all the time.  They'll pick up a car,
charge lots of money to store it, and will file the lien against the car.  A
title search is conducted somewhere along the process and if the last owner
is located, they bill him for the storage fees.  The car's lien is so high
that the owner can not pay it and the car is "auctioned off" resulting in a
new title.  I am not too familiar on how the process works.  Maybe a tow
company in AZ could let you know if they have something similar in your
State.