Re: Miata Bashing

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: Miata Bashing
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:28:09 -0700 (PDT)
I met a guy who has a Trabbi in his garage here in the US.  Can't get
much less worthy than that.

I wouldn't resurrect a Miata because I could probably find a dozen just
like it at the local car lot.  That being said I consider Miatas and
Roadsters cousins, not enemies.  All convertibles are related, except
maybe the Chrysler LeBaron...

--- Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com> wrote:
> Not bashing so much as button-pushing (see Paul Bauman's earlier
> post).
>
> The $64,000 question is: Would you go to as much trouble to resurrect
> a Miata as you are
> doing for the Datsun?
>
> Food for thought...
>
> Gary McCormick
> San Jose, CA
> '70 2000 SRL311-13291 (garaged, non-op for 10 years  a lesser car
> would have been towed
> out and sold as-is years ago... )
>
> Annette wrote:
>
> > My husband and I love our Miata - It's our "practical" car, and the
> roadster
> > (when she is done) will be our fun car.
> >
> > On days when we're out working on Jezebel and nothing is going
> right, we hop
> > in the Miata, cruise through the lovely wooded areas around here
> and
> > remember why we are spending our free time covered in grease and
> rust.
> >
> > I don't consider the Miata a roadster though, that particular
> affection is
> > reserved for the Datsun =) The Miata is just a two seater =)
> >
> > But all the bashing!  Yeek.  What other car can you buy off a lot
> for so
> > cheaply and work on so easily?  These things are an absolute breeze
> > modify and tweak!
> >
> > -Annette Rogers

=====
Adam