Air Conditioning

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Conditioning
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:47:14 -0500
One of our TDROC members in Houston successfully air conditioned a roadster.
He bought the small Sanden compressor the hot rodders use and mounted it
where the smog pump used to go, on the passenger side.  He ran long hoses to
the trunk and fabricated a pressurized box for the evaporator and a fan,
then blew cold air through holes in the trunk bulkhead behind the parcel
tray.  The condenser bits went in front of the radiator along with an
electric cooling fan.  You had to use it with the top up, of course.  I
found several aftermarket suppliers by searching "hot rod air conditioning",
and looked in my JC Whitney catalog.  Expect to pay from $800 to $1000 for
all the pieces you need, but they will come as a set with instructions.  You
can go to swap meets and pick up cheaper individual pieces and even kits,
but it will be a do-it-yourself project.

Leisure Suit Terry